Title: Strike Swiftly – 40 Years of 2 Commando Company
Author: Higgins, John Barry
Edition: 1st Edition
Publication Date: 1995
Cover: Soft Cover without Dust Jacket – 82 pages
Comments: The history of the 2nd Commando Company. This unit history covers its history from 1955 to 1995.
2nd Commando Company is one of the two commando companies that for the 1st Commando Regiment.
1st Commando Regiment is a reserve commando regiment of the Australian Army with a contingent of full-time cadre staff. It is part of the Australian Special Operations Command (SOCOMD).
The Unit headquarters is located in Randwick, New South Wales. 1 Commando Company (1 Cdo Coy) is located in HMAS Penguin, Balmoral, NSW. 2 Commando Company (2 Cdo Coy) is located in the historic Fort Gellibrand at Williamstown, VIC. 301 Signal Squadron (301 Sig Sqn) has its headquarters at Randwick and elements of the squadron are located in Sydney and Melbourne with each Cdo Coy. 1st Commando Regiment is organised similarly to 2nd Commando Regiment (formerly, 4th Battalion the Royal Australian Regiment), which is a regular Commando unit also serving in SOCOMD. The commando companies are made up of a headquarters, three commando platoons, a reconnaissance platoon, a training platoon and integral combat service support elements.
2 Commando Company was raised in Vic on 24 February 1955.