Title: City of Mildura Air Training Corps - A history of number No. 8 Squadron No. 23 Flight
Author: Mansell, Barbara
Condition: Very Good
Edition: 1st Edition
Publication Date: 1991
Cover: Soft Cover without Dust Jacket - 128 pages
Comments: The history of the Air Training Corps in Mildura, New South Wales - No. 8 Squadron No. 23 Flight.
The Australian Air Force Cadets (AAFC), known as the Air Training Corps (AIRTC) until 2001, is a Federal Government funded youth organisation. The parent force of the AAFC is the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
The broad aim of the Australian Air Force Cadets is to better equip young people for community life by fostering initiative, leadership, discipline and loyalty through a training program designed to stimulate an interest in the Royal Australian Air Force. The training program is structured to reflect the following objectives:
* To give Cadets a foundation of Air Force knowledge and discipline,
* To develop the qualities of leadership, initiative and self-reliance,
* To develop good character and good citizenship in the widest sense,
* To develop an interest in the Royal Australian Air Force and aviation generally,
* To instil a knowledge of the history of aviation, and
* To encourage Cadets to continue an active interest in aviation into their adult life.
Includes Cadet Roll Call
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 October, 2013.